Accounts Payable Administrator | Aspen Pharma Group
Main Purpose of the Role
Effective and timeous processing of local and international payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures and a high level of customer service by providing financial and administrative support to the organisation.
(The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role)
- Request for creditors statements the 1st week of the month.
- Request for all outstanding invoices and credit notes from supplier.
- Request for outstanding purchase orders from business units.
- Attach tax invoices to corresponding purchase orders for service-related expenses.
- Attach tax invoices to corresponding purchase orders, quotation, delivery note, and Procurement stamped approval for goods related expenses.
- Check allocation of expenses in line of Marketing code which requires a Standard form approved by line managers and Compliance Code Officer.
- Check tax invoice according to SARS compliance.
- Process tax invoice and submit posting.
- Reconcile creditors account to the Creditors Ledger.
- Select tax invoices and credit notes for payments.
- Payment advice and proof of payment emailed to creditor timeously.
- Journal to be processed for correction of expense allocation.
- Effective utilization of resources to keep processes cost effective.
- All queries are followed up and resolved in the shortest possible timeframe within policy framework.
- A professional attitude is displayed when responding to customers’ needs.
- Approval obtained from relevant signatories.
- Verify bank details with vendors by complying to EFT policy and procedures.
- Ensure the recons are submitted for payment on the 10th of each month.
- Check/verify Expense Claims to ensure correct allocations and support attached within policy framework.
- Ensure transactions are accurately recorded.
- Check calculation of input VAT.
- Analyze and maintain the GR IR report by verifying and clearing purchase orders daily.
- Analyze and maintain Expense Claim report by verifying and clearing expense claims daily.
- Analyze and maintain the Age Analysis report by verifying financial transactions.
- Forex payment
- Responsible for payment of Forex suppliers
- Follow up Forex Supplier Payments to ensure efficient accurate service delivery and availability of pertinent information to relevant parties
- Update & control ECA applications
- Update e-forex platform on FNB online banking
Skills and Competencies
(The abilities that the individual needs in order to perform this role effectively)
- Effective planning, organising and co-ordinating
- Highly numerate
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effective problem solving and decision making
- The ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) is essential.
- Attention to detail.
- Responsibility & Accountability
- Team Player
- Curiosity / learning agility
- High standards
- Ethical conduct
Education and Experience
- Matric/ Grade 12
- At least 2 years’ experience in Accounts Payable
- Deep working knowledge of Creditors Reconciliation
- Computer skills on SAP and MS Excel
- Solid understanding of Pharmaceutical Industry
Aspen is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and suitably qualified job applicants are invited to submit their CV online on or before the 14 October 2021. Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups through a fair recruitment and selection process in accordance with laws governing employment equity, where such laws are applicable to the Aspen entity that will employ the successful candidate. If you have not heard from the HR department within 30 days of this advert closing, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Internal Applications must be completed using an Aspen mailing address after applicants have had informed their direct line managers of their application.