CHIEF PHYSIOTHERAPIST GRADE 1
- Reference Number : refs/014306
- Directorate : PHYSIOTHERAPY
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 473 112 PER ANNUM (PLUS BENEFITS)
- Enquiries : Mrs. E Haarhoff (tel. 011 933 8927); Elizma.Haarhoff@gauteng.gov.za
- An appropriate qualification that allows for registration with the HPCSA as Physiotherapist. Registration with HPCSA as an independent practitioner and proof of current registration 2022/2023. A minimum of 3 years’ appropriate experience as Physiotherapist after registration as an independent practitioner with the HPCSA. Knowledge requirements: Must have knowledge and of current health and public service legislation, regulations, and policies. Knowledge in the application of clinical Physiotherapy theory, practices, and ethics. Competency requirements: Communication skills, report writing skills, decision-making skills, planning & organizational skills, expert clinical Physiotherapy skills, research skills, analytical skills, presentation skills, and human resource & financial management skills. The following will be added advantages: Two or more years of relevant supervisory experience, post-graduate qualification and short courses in paediatric physiotherapy. Computer literacy (Ms Word, Ms Excel). Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team. Good understanding of public hospital operational systems. Effective interpersonal skill, strategic planning & organizational skills, and leadership qualities.
- Manage, plan, coordinate, implement and report on physiotherapy services in allocated work section. Render an experienced and specialized physiotherapy service in the department. Develop guidelines, protocols and SOP’s in line with the national and provincial strategies and monitor the implementation thereof. Contribute to departmental planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluating processes. Monitor proper utilization of allocated financial and physical resources. Attend relevant meetings and assume relevant functions on behalf of the Head of the Department or as delegated. Participate in planning and delivering CPD programs. Supervise and manage the performance of allocated staff. Participate in supervision and training of students. Assist with the implementation and monitoring of Quality Assurance e.g. audits and statistics. Contribute to the development of Physiotherapy Department and the profession by promoting and carrying out research and other projects in own work area. Coordinate and ensure the promotion and marketing of Physiotherapy service in the hospital and community. Adhere to and implement all relevant policies, procedures, standards and legislation.
- Applications can be hand delivered to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital from 8am to 3pm at Ground Floor, Main Admin Building or posted to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital, Private Bag X01, Pimville, 1808. Applications may also be uploaded online at www.gautengonline.gov.za or http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za. No faxed applications will be considered. Applications must be submitted on the new Z83 form. The application form is obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. The new Z83 must be fully completed (please refer on the left side of Z83 special notes for clarity), it must be initialled and signed. On the Z83 the Department where position was advertised it should state Department of Health (Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital). According to Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) Circular 19 of 2022, applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on application, but must submit the a fully completed Z83 and a detailed Curriculum Vitae. The Curriculum Vitae should be recently updated that specifies the following: All experience should be in a chronological order indicating the position, institution and respective dates indicating the starting and ending period (DD/MM/YYYY). The information on the new Z83 must be the same with the Curriculum Vitae. Only shortlisted candidates will be required/requested to submit certified copies of qualifications and other relevant documents. Personnel Suitability Checks (PSC) –Verification (Reference checks- Provide at least 3 off which one must be immediate supervisor, the Department shall reserve the right to conduct verification beyond names provided, where necessary. Failure to submit all the relevant information will result in disqualifying the candidate. Identity verification, qualifications verification, criminal record checks, credit/financial stability checks and employment verification. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Candidates in possession of a foreign qualification must furnish the Department with an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The recommended candidate may be subjected to medical surveillance as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Act 5/1993. CHBAH reserves the right to utilize practical exercises/tests for non-SMS positions during the recruitment process to determine the suitability of candidates for the post(s). The Department reserve the right not to fill the post. The Gauteng Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity; therefore, all the appointments will be made in accordance with the Employment Equity target of the Department and the Hospital. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : CHRIS HANI BARAGWANATH ACADEMIC HOSPITAL
Closing Date : 01-07-2022