Deceased Estate Admin Officer | Standard Bank
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading-edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for a Deceased Estate Admin Officer to join our Corporate Functions, Credit team. Standard Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for more than 150 years, and now spans more 20 countries across the African continent.
- To minimize the risk of loss to the bank and to ensure that the deceased estates accounts for Personal and Business Lending (PBL), Vehicle and Asset Finance (Vaf), Card, Access Loan and Home Loans are attended to in an expeditious and cost-effective manner
- To be responsible for all Admin functions and play a supporting role for all stakeholders in terms of general administration and information.
- Flag accounts on Customer First system, so that the deceased holds can pull through to all the host systems to status customer account as deceased, same to be done within 1-5 days.
- Validates the death certificate against customer’s details on our systems
- Records the new account on an inflow spreadsheet daily,
- Updates diary notes with death information on all systems as well as deceased CDS / SP2 on CACS
- Checks if an executor has been appointed and whether we received the Letters of executorship/ Letter of Authority
- E mail the certificate of balance to the executor, same need to be uploaded to E4.(Immediately )
- Completes comprehensive or credit life verification on all accounts
- Assign profile to the relevant collectors to action
- Provides support, resolves queries and monitors the outsource parties’ collections on the deceased portfolio in order to maximise collections and recoveries
- Provides support for vendors by resolving queries and being the liaison between the bank, client and vendor
- Attends to any ad hoc functions
- Ensures that the work station is cleared of all files and other material to ensure that no one has easy access to confidential Bank information;
- Complies with statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements, to protect the reputation of the Group and to avoid legal action / sanction in respect of regulatory compliance matters;
- Reports any breaches and exposure to the relevant departmental manager and / or the division Regulatory Compliance Officer;
- Adheres to Credit Policies and Procedures
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Good knowledge of Banking practices, products, systems, policies & procedures.
- Good knowledge of deceased estate and legal processes
- 1-2 years’ experience in collections/recoveries
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on +27 800222050 or forward to TransactionFraudOpsSA@standardbank.co.za