DENTAL ASSISTANT -WOODBURN MEDICAL AND DENTAL CENTRE
Intercare Woodburn Medical and Dental Centre situated in Pietermaritzburg (KZN) seeks to recruit a Dental Assistant. The focus of this position is to assist dental professionals engaged in performing general and/or specialist dentistry and other dental procedures, as well as facilitating the patient administration process.
Intercare is an equal opportunity employer and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Intercare encourages and supports Covid-19 vaccinations and job applicants are required to submit proof of their vaccination status.
- Ensure sound dental operational practices aligned with the dental operating model.
- Quality customer service aligned with Intercare’s vision, mission, and values.
- Grade 12
- Completion of approved training course in dental assisting, or any equivalent combination of training and experience
- Previous experience in a customer focused service environment will be advantageous
- Computer proficiency (MS Office)
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of general dentistry as applied to assisting a dentist in the treatment and care of patients
- Advanced knowledge of dental terminology
- Basic understanding of the functioning of dental healthcare environment
- Good knowledge and application of infection control principles and sterilization techniques
- Knowledge of treatment codes used in dentistry in doing quotations for advanced dentistry treatment procedures
- Specialised dental procedures with the main focus of aesthetic dentistry
- Experience in billing procedures on GoodX
- Registered or in the process of registering with HPCSA as Dental Assistant
- Bilingual (Afrikaans/English)
CLOSING DATE: 30 November 2021
All applications can be submitted on https://intercare.simplify.hr/
If you are not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date please regard your application as unsuccessful.