Alert Engine Parts is searching for a Dispatch Supervisor to join the team in Pretoria. The purpose of this position is to manage the checking and packing of outbound orders received from the branch’s customers through effective logistics and people management, thus ensuring high service levels within the checking/packing department and thereby meeting the company’s strategic goals of providing professional service and quality parts. The position reports to the respective manager.
- Certificate in Logistics Management or equivalent- Desirable
- 5 years experience in a similar environment
- Supervisory experience- Essential
- Clear criminal record
Key Performance Indicators will include, but not limited to;
- Ensure that all consignments are accurately checked prior to being packed.
- Ensure that all consignments are securely packed and are marked correctly and clearly with the details of the consignee.
- Ensure that all consignments are checked, packed and available for dispatching within the prescribed time.
- Professionally manage all enquiries relating to outbound consignments.
- Ensure that all drivers are neatly attired with their corporate clothing.
- Supervising drivers and Clerks.
- goals of providing professional service and quality parts.
- Other ad hoc duties related to the position, ensuring team work
At Motus we are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goal
Please note that candidates not contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date must consider their applications as unsuccessful