To effectively manage the Corporate store stocktakes and Africa store stocktakes. To effectively manage stock in transit for all Woolworths stock locations and the SRTV warehouse.
- Corporate and Africa store stocktakes are accurately scheduled in RMS as per the most recent Stocktake Planner and reviewed before they are published.
- Reviewed Corporate and Africa store stocktake schedule numbers are sent/published as per the business service level agreement.
- Store stocktake results are accurately compiled and analysed per the finance stocktake guidelines.
- All store stocktake adjustments are accurately captured in an adjustment template and stocktake adjustments are adjusted as per the agreed finance stocktake guidelines.
- All store stocktake results accurately compiled and submitted to the stock reviewer timeously with signed checklist sheet.
- All stocktake queries are addressed and completed and submitted to the stock reviewer for sign off before being published to the store.
- Weekly and Monthly Shrinkage analysis completed with valid commentary and published to the relevant stakeholders.
- Net Realisable Value / Markdown stock report compiled, analysed and published to the relevant stakeholders.
- All valid store inventory reversals are accurately and timeously reversed in RMS including communication sent to the inventory reversal requester with a detailed impact analysis and reporting on a monthly basis.
- Stock in Transit for Corporate and Africa stores is effectively managed and reconciled on a weekly basis and all incidents relating to abnormal SIT movement is generated and timeously resolved.
- Effectively manage and reconcile the stock at the SRTM warehouse.
- Certain other general ledger reconciliations completed properly, updated accurately in the reconciliation register and reconciliation items are timeously cleared.
- Monthly reporting packs are produced on time and presented at the monthly operation meeting.
- Accurately complete adjusting or accrual journals on a timeous basis
- Adhoc query resolution and reporting completed.
- Accounting Diploma from a Technical College or
- 4 years’ experience in an Accounting environment
- Sound understanding of accounting principles
- Proven competence in Excel and Oracle financial systems.
- Apply accounting knowledge in a large, complex IT driven accounting environment and to process large volumes of financial transactions
- Personal Effectiveness
- Team leadership
- Passion for the brand and customers
- Thinking strategically and commercially
- Leading Transformation
- Connecting people
- Delivering high performance
- Having an accounting mind-set
- Making insightful business decisions
- Driving quality
- Planning and organising
Woolworths is an equal employment opportunity company that is committed to inclusion and diversity