Sanlam Corporate Cluster comprises of the two existing businesses – Sanlam Employee Benefits (SEB) and Sanlam Health Management (SHM) and the soon to be established Sanlam Corporate Solutions. These businesses enhance our corporate business offering through providing integrated solutions for corporate clients both in South Africa and across the African continent by providing tailored solutions to targeted corporates. Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development. What will you do?
Responsible for performing calculations, liaises with other departments both verbally and in writing. Handles anniversary processing, member and new member updates, medicals, paid claims for benefits and quotes for withdrawals and retirements. What will make you successful in this role?
- Administration of Retirement Funds and maintenance of member level transactions across functional systems and functional areas within SEB Core. (Identify/process/record/report)
- Adhere to service level agreements. (Internal and external)
- Adhere to internal controls and procedures in place.
- Professional verbal and written communication and reporting to clients. (Internal and external)
- Investigate, resolve and respond to internal and external client queries in a professional and effective manner. (Verbal and in writing)
- Investigate, resolve and respond to ad hoc operational requirements. (Verbal and in writing)
- A thorough understanding of and compliance with the Pension Fund Act, Fund Rules and Income Tax Act and any other relevant legislative requirements.
- Maintain relationships with internal departments.
Qualifications and Experience
2- 3 years related experience. Knowledge and Skills
Reporting and Administration
Quality, compliance and accreditation
Services Knowledge Behavioral Competencies
Communicates effectively – Contributing dependently
Decision quality – Contributing dependently
Action orientated – Contributing dependently
Optimises work processes – Contributing dependently Core Competencies Cultivates innovation – Contributing independently Customer focus – Contributing independently Drives results – Contributing independently Collaborates – Contributing independently Being resilient – Contributing independently Turnaround time
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers. Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.