- REQ: 114063 – Location: Cape Town
- Division: Wealth Management South Africa
- Closing Date: 23 June 2022
- Employment Equity Statement: Preference will be given to candidates from underrepresented groups.
Manage Self: Technical
FAIS Affected – Yes
To assist with the implementation of the business investment philosophy through data analysis, research and support functions, in line with Nedbank Group strategy.
- Assess needs and provide solutions Interacting with internal and external clients.
- Provide feedback and make business presentations to stakeholders.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Compile; maintain and monitor economic; industry and other data series through research.
- Make investment recommendations by using quantitative and qualitative analysis Identify and interpret relevent information using logic to seek cause and effect relationships.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes; systems and policies and support implementation of new processes; policies and systems.
- Evaluate performance of fund/investment through regular financial performance reviews.
- Develop software proficiency to deliver required outputs.
- Express ideas or facts clearly in written documentation so that the content is understood by the recipient.
- Develop sound product and industry knowledge and understanding the regulatory framework.
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters; websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed; experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge and sharing knowledge with team.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Studying towards CFP / Certified Financial Planning
Type of Exposure
- Completing various administrative and secretarial duties (e.g.; answering phones; making copies; filing)
- Checking accuracy of reports and rec
- Communicating internally
- Managing conflict situations
- Drafting reports
- Sharing information in different ways to increase stakeholders’ understanding.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Comparing two or more sets of information
- Working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Interacting with diverse people
Minimum Experience Level
0 – 2 years working experience in a Financial Services industry within Financial Planning, Digital Advisory Services and Wealth Management.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Banking procedures
- Business principles
- Business terms and definitions
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Microsoft Office
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge
- Applied Learning
- Customer Focus
- Work Standards
- Managing Work
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566