HEAD OF DEPARTMENT: STUDENT COUNSELING, STUDENT AND SKILLS DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT (1POST)
- Reference Number : refs/014346
- Directorate : Gauteng College of Nursing
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R588 390.00 – R682 098.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries : Ms. A. van As, Tel No: (011) 644 8917
- Matric Certificate or Grade 12. A Degree/Diploma in Nursing accredited with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) in terms of Government notice 425 (i.e. diploma/degree in Nursing) or equivalent that allows registration with the SANC. Registration with SANC as a General Nurse and Midwife. Post basic Nursing Education and Nursing Administration qualification registered with SANC. A qualification in Psychiatric Nursing Science registered with SANC. A Master’s degree in Nursing is an added advantage. Current registration with SANC. A minimum of 9 years of appropriate and recognizable nursing experience after registration as a Professional Nurse with SANC. A minimum of 5 years experience in a Nursing Education institution as a nurse educator after obtaining the one-year post-basic qualification in Nursing Education. A minimum of three years of appropriate recognizable experience in a student counseling environment. A valid driver’s license. Computer certificate / literacy. Skills and knowledge: Knowledge of SANC legislation, regulations, Code of Ethics, Nursing Standards of Practice, and Scope of Practice. Knowledge of Higher Education legislation, policies, procedures, and processes related to Nursing Education and student counseling and development. Knowledge of human resources and financial management. Excellent communication skills, management skills, analytical report writing, problem-solving, conflict management, and presentation skills. Good interpersonal skills, appreciation for diversity, and the ability to work under pressure.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following: • Manage the provision of education and training of students concerning student counseling, development, support, and Employee Wellness programs. • Develop and ensure the implementation of quality assurance programs. • Support and guidance of student representative council and class representative. • Coordinate and supervise the orientation of newly appointed students and staff. • Participate in policy development, implementation, review, and evaluation. • Participate in the management of the campus. • Supervise the coordination of the continuing professional development for nurse educators. • Manage, supervise, and appraise staff in the student counseling and development department. • Collaborate with relevant stakeholders and build sound relationships within the department. • Participate in research in nursing education and community engagement. • Coordination of skills development of staff members.
- Applications: Applications should be submitted online at www.gautengonline.gov.za. No e-mailed or hand-delivered applications will be accepted. A fully completed new Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents must be attached with a recently updated Curriculum Vitae (CV). Using an incorrect application form (old Z83) or an incomplete Z83 will not be considered. The specific reference post number should be correctly quoted on the Z83 form. Applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other documents on the application but will be requested to submit certified copies of relevant documentation when shortlisted. Should the applicant have a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA. Applicants who do not comply with the above requirements will not be considered. The Department of Health is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and employment equity, especially of race, gender, and disability, therefore people with disability are encouraged to apply. Applications must be submitted online ONLY at www.gautengonline.gov.za. For assistance with online applications please enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org. Correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted candidates. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful. Notes: Successful candidates will be subjected to pre-employment Medical Surveillance as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act 5 of 1993, Security screening and vetting process and Criminal records check. Employment history must reflect the complete calendar date (e.g. 01 April 2017) on the C.V. The department reserves the right not to appoint for the advertised post.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Ann Latsky Campus
Closing Date : 01-07-2022