- Reference Number : REFS/014336
- Directorate : Nursing Education and Training
- Number of Posts : 15
- Package : PND 1: R388 974 – R450 939 per annum (plus benefits) / PND 2: R478 404 – R624 216 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries : Ms. ME. Nel, or Ms A. van As, Tel No. 011 644 9019/ 644 8917.
- PND 1: A Basic R425 qualification (i.e. Diploma/Degree in Nursing) or equivalent qualification that allows for registration with SANC as a Professional Nurse, (General Nursing and Midwifery). A post- basic qualification in Nursing Education registered with SANC. Proof of current registration with SANC. A minimum of 4 years’ appropriate/recognisable experience as a Professional Nurse with SANC in General Nursing (less1 year experience for candidates appointed from outside the Public Service after complying with registration requirements). A valid driver’s license. Certificate of computer literacy in MS Office and sound communication skills, supervisory skills, problem solving skills, report- writing and presentation skills. The ability to work in a team and under pressure. PND 2: A Basic R425 qualification (i.e. Diploma/Degree in Nursing) or equivalent qualification that allows for registration with SANC as a Professional Nurse. Registration with SANC as a Professional Nurse and proof of current registration. A post- basic nursing qualification in Nursing Education and registered with the SANC. A minimum of 14 years’ appropriate/recognisable experience in nursing after registration as a Professional Nurse with SANC in General Nursing. At least 10 years of the period referred to above must be appropriate/recognisable experience in nursing education after obtaining the 1- year post-basic qualification in the relevant speciality (less 1-year experience for candidate appointed from outside the Public Service after complying with registration requirements). A valid driver’s license. A certificate of computer literacy in MS Office and sound communication skills, supervisory skills, problem solving skills, report- writing and presentation skills. The ability to work in a team and under pressure.
- • Provide education and training to student nurses, co-ordinate clinical learning exposure to students between Campus and clinical facilities. Support the vision and mission and promote the image of the Campus and College. Implement assessment strategies to determine student’s competencies. Exercise control over students. Planning and implementation of the academic programme. Employment of a variety of teaching and learning strategies to reach required outcomes. Accompaniment of students in the clinical areas. Management of a student database. Initiate and/or participate in Nursing Research and Community engagement. Participate in continuing professional development in Nursing Education and own field of practice.
- Applications: Applications should be submitted online at www.gautengonline.gov.za. No e-mailed or hand delivered applications will be accepted. A fully completed new Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet www.dpsa.gov.za/documents must be attached together with copies of recently updated Curriculum Vitae, using an incorrect application form (old Z83) will not be considered. The specific reference post number should be correctly quoted on the Z83 form. Applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on application but will be requested to submit certified copies of qualifications and other relevant documents when shortlisted. Should the applicant be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA. Applicants who do not comply with the above requirements will not be considered. The Department of Health is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and employment equity, especially of race, gender and disability, therefore people with disability are encouraged to apply. Applications must be submitted on-line ONLY at www.gautengonline.gov.za. For assistance with online applications please enquire at E-Recruitment@gauteng.gov.za. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful, due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving. Notes: Successful candidates will be subjected to a pre-employment Medical Surveillance as required by Occupational Health and Safety Act 5 of 1993, Security screening and vetting process and Criminal records check. Employment history must reflect the complete calendar date (e.g. 01 April 2017) on the C.V. The institution reserves the right not to appoint.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Ann Latsky Campus
Closing Date : 30-06-2022