- Reference Number : refs/014320
- Directorate : NUCLEAR MEDICINE
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 833 523.00 per annum (All-inclusive package)
- Enquiries : Dr Khushica Purbhoo, 072 231 2548 or 011 933 0843
- Appropriate qualification that allows registration with the HPCSA as Medical Practitioner, HPCSA registration as an independent medical practitioner and must be post Community Service. Proof of current HPCSA registration for 2022/2023. Must have successfully obtained FCRad Part 1. Previous research participation and experience will be an advantage. Must be South African citizens or permanent resident.
- The incumbent will be responsible for Fulfilment of all assigned clinical service and academic related duties as per Gauteng Department of Health and the University of Witwatersrand prescripts. A four-year contract will be signed with the relevant hospital authority, which will run concurrently with the university (MMed Nuclear Medicine) and HPCSA annual registrations in an accredited training post as a full-time postgraduate student. All trainees are expected to rotate through all Wits University affiliated central and satellite hospitals. Participation in identified outreach programmes and commuted overtime as well as adherence to regular performance and development management processes will be mandatory. A nuclear medicine specialist qualification will be conferred upon completion and submission of the university MMed dissertation and passing the CMSA-run HPCSA Board exit examination. RESPONSIBILITIES: Service delivery to inpatients, outpatients, day patients and emergencies. Teaching and training. Conduct research. Must perform commuted overtime and medical administration. Perform outreach. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Additional qualification e.g.: Primaries, certificated or Diplomas relevant to the field, ACLS, ATLS, APLS, BSS etc. Experience in related field.
- : Applications can be hand delivered to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital from 8am to 3pm at Ground Floor, Main Admin Building or posted to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital, Private Bag X01, Pimville, 1808. Applications may also be uploaded online at www.gautengonline.gov.za or http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za. No faxed applications will be considered. Applications must be submitted on the new Z83 form. The application form is obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. The new Z83 must be fully completed (please refer on the left side of Z83 special notes for clarity), it must be initialled and signed. On the Z83 the Department where position was advertised it should state Department of Health (Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital). According to Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) Circular 19 of 2022, applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on application, but must submit the a fully completed Z83 and a detailed Curriculum Vitae. The Curriculum Vitae should be recently updated that specifies the following: All experience should be in a chronological order indicating the position, institution and respective dates indicating the starting and ending period (DD/MM/YYYY). The information on the new Z83 must be the same with the Curriculum Vitae. Only shortlisted candidates will be required/requested to submit certified copies of qualifications and other relevant documents. Personnel Suitability Checks (PSC) –Verification (Reference checks- Provide at least 3 off which one must be immediate supervisor, the Department shall reserve the right to conduct verification beyond names provided, where necessary. Failure to submit all the relevant information will result in disqualifying the candidate. Identity verification, qualifications verification, criminal record checks, credit/financial stability checks and employment verification. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Candidates in possession of a foreign qualification must furnish the Department with an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The recommended candidate may be subjected to medical surveillance as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Act 5/1993. CHBAH reserves the right to utilize practical exercises/tests for non-SMS positions during the recruitment process to determine the suitability of candidates for the post(s). The Department reserve the right not to fill the post. The Gauteng Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity; therefore, all the appointments will be made in accordance with the Employment Equity target of the Department and the Hospital. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : CHRIS HANI BARAGWANATH ACADEMIC HOSPITAL
Closing Date : 01-07-2022