MEDICAL SPECIALIST GRADE 1, 2 AND 3
- Reference Number : refs/014372
- Directorate : Forensic Pathology Service
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 1,122.630.00 per annual (All-inclusive package) Grade 2: R 1,283.592.00 per annum (all-inclusive package) Grade 3: R 1,489.665.00 per annum (all-inclusive package)
- Enquiries : Dr. K.K Hlaise (012) 521 4119
- Appropriate qualifications with proof of current registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as a Medical Specialist in Forensic Pathology. This is a consultant position on the JOINT STAFF ESTABLISHMENT of the Gauteng Forensic Pathology Service and the Department of Forensic Pathology, Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University. Experience: OSD Grade 1: None after registration with the HPCSA as a Medical Specialist. OSD Grade 2: minimum of 5 years’ appropriate experience as Medical Specialist after registration with the HPCSA as Medical Specialist. OSD Grade 3: A minimum of 10 years’ appropriate experience as Medical Specialist after registration with the HPCSA as Medical Specialist. Valid (Code E/B) driver’s license; Willingness to perform duties outside of normal hours and away from base of employment when required, including overnight and weekend calls, with availability at the relevant Facility / scene within 30 – 45 minutes of the call being logged; Offering professional consultation with relevant stakeholders and provide judicial testimony in Court as required; Ability to work efficiently with co-workers, supervisors and other external agencies e.g. SAPS and NPA; Willingness to keep informed of new developments in Forensic Pathology and Medicine and thus, contribute to the promotion of the Academic Department locally and internationally; Making contributions to assist with training and formulation of policies and procedures for the Department and the Forensic Pathology Service. Computer literacy; Ability to draft, interpret and apply policies and have good communication-, interpersonal relationship-, development- and teaching skills; Ability to be methodical, detail-orientated, uphold high standards and be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines; Ability to communicate clearly and discreetly in person and in writing of reports or letters, in English.
- Assistance to the Head: Clinical Department and Head: Clinical Unit in rendering a sound Forensic Pathology Service by active participation in the routine execution of Clinico – pathological duties in the Department, together with support to regional stakeholders; Provision of the full spectrum of forensic pathology and medico-legal death investigation services at consultant level, including death scene attendances, forensic post mortem examinations, ancillary investigations, compilation of relevant reports and Court attendance; Performance of after-hour services during the day and night in the week and over weekends; Participation in the scientific identification process of unknown decedents, inclusive of but not limited to relevant consultation processes; Assisting with teaching and training programs related to under- and postgraduate students, as well as Forensic Pathology Service personnel and other participating stakeholders; Participation in death review programs, in stakeholder interactive programs and in academic programs affiliated to the associated tertiary institution(s); Assisting the Head: Clinical Unit and FPS Management Staff with academic and administrative management duties, including quality assurance and maintaining appropriate OHS.
- This is a re-advertisement, and all applicants who had previously applied for this position are encouraged to re-apply. Gauteng Forensic Medical Service is committed to the pursuit of diversity, redress and will promote representation in terms of race, disability and gender. Applications must consist of a fully completed and signed new Z83 form with a comprehensive CV containing contactable references. In compliance to DPSA Circular 19 of 2022 certifying documents / qualifications will only be requested from only shortlisted candidates before interview process (Applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents when applying). The relevant reference number must be quoted in the application form. In terms of the National Qualification Framework Amendment Act 2019 it is an offence for any person to falsely or fraudulently claim to hold a qualification. Any person found to be misrepresenting their qualifications, work experience or facts in their CV will be disqualified and reported to the appropriate authority. Applications must be delivered to-: Forensic Medical Service 11 Diagonal Street 13 floor, reception, can be posted to-: Forensic Medical Service P.O Box 7128 Johannesburg 2000. Due to technical problems with GPG vacancy website that the institution is consistently facing, applicants are encouraged to apply using hand delivery, postal address
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Ra-rankuwa x1
Closing Date : 15-07-2022