MEDICAL SPECIALIST GRADE 1
- Reference Number : refs/014303
- Directorate : INTERNAL MEDICINE (Pulmonology)
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R1 122 630.00 per annum (All-inclusive package)
- Enquiries : Dr N N Mqhayi-Mbambo Tel No: (011) 933 9154/8154
- Appropriate qualification that allows registration with the HPCSA. Registration with the HPCSA as Medical Specialist in a normal specialty and proof of current registration 2022/2023. No experience.
- The incumbent will be responsible to interview, investigate, diagnose and oversee the treatment of patient. Improve quality of care by providing appropriate clinical care Supervising of junior medical staff. Willing to do commuted overtime rendering of after-hour (night, weekend and public holiday) duties to provide continuous uninterrupted care of patients. Attendance of relevant administrative meetings like mortality meetings, near miss meetings and completing MEDICO Legal Documents timeously (e.g. Death certificate). Participation in the academic program in the hospital and all activities of the discipline in relation to teaching and research. Ensure proper and accurate record keeping as legally and ethically required. Reporting to the head of unit on service delivery, clinical audits and where necessary quality improvement plans. Assist the HOD to monitor, implement and adhere to the compliance to National Core Standards within the department. Rotate through related departments at various hospitals served in their specific outreach programs. Preparing and writing of reports. Assist the Clinical Head with Administration responsibilities.
- Applications can be hand delivered to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital from 8am to 3pm at Ground Floor, Main Admin Building or posted to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital, Private Bag X01, Pimville, 1808. Applications may also be uploaded online at www.gautengonline.gov.za or http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za. No faxed applications will be considered. Applications must be submitted on the new Z83 form. The application form is obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. The new Z83 must be fully completed (please refer on the left side of Z83 special notes for clarity), it must be initialled and signed. On the Z83 the Department where position was advertised it should state Department of Health (Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital). According to Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) Circular 19 of 2022, applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on application, but must submit the a fully completed Z83 and a detailed Curriculum Vitae. The Curriculum Vitae should be recently updated that specifies the following: All experience should be in a chronological order indicating the position, institution and respective dates indicating the starting and ending period (DD/MM/YYYY). The information on the new Z83 must be the same with the Curriculum Vitae. Only shortlisted candidates will be required/requested to submit certified copies of qualifications and other relevant documents. Personnel Suitability Checks (PSC) –Verification (Reference checks- Provide at least 3 off which one must be immediate supervisor, the Department shall reserve the right to conduct verification beyond names provided, where necessary. Failure to submit all the relevant information will result in disqualifying the candidate. Identity verification, qualifications verification, criminal record checks, credit/financial stability checks and employment verification. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Candidates in possession of a foreign qualification must furnish the Department with an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The recommended candidate may be subjected to medical surveillance as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Act 5/1993. CHBAH reserves the right to utilize practical exercises/tests for non-SMS positions during the recruitment process to determine the suitability of candidates for the post(s). The Department reserve the right not to fill the post. The Gauteng Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity; therefore, all the appointments will be made in accordance with the Employment Equity target of the Department and the Hospital. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : CHRIS HANI BARAGWANATH ACADEMIC HOSPITAL
Closing Date : 01-07-2022