OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST GRADE 1
- Reference Number : refs/014307
- Directorate : OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R322 746,00 PER ANNUM (PLUS BENEFITS)
- Enquiries : Ms L Soulsby Tel No: (011) 933 8187
- Degree in Occupational Therapy. Completion of community service year in Occupational Therapy. Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as an Occupational Therapist with independent practitioner status, plus proof of current registration for the period 2022/2023. Work experience or further training in the adult psychiatric field would be advantageous. Computer literacy (Ms Word, Ms Excel). Knowledge of the public service legislations, policies, and procedures. Good written and communication skills. Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team. Analytical thinking, independent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Assess and treat all adult patients with psychiatric disorders, within allocated clinical load. Assist with other clinical loads as needed. Partake in allocated administrative duties. Adhere to provincial, hospital and departmental policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations. Participate in quality assurance methods. Communicate effectively with all stakeholders. Follow the correct channels of communication. Oversee allocated officials. Participate in CPD activities. Supervise OT students. Exercise care with all consumables and equipment.
- (THIS IS A READVERTISEMENT. THOSE WHO PREVIOUSLY APPLIED, ARE ENCOURGE TO REAPPLY). Applications can be hand delivered to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital from 8am to 3pm at Ground Floor, Main Admin Building or posted to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital, Private Bag X01, Pimville, 1808. Applications may also be uploaded online at www.gautengonline.gov.za or http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za. No faxed applications will be considered. Applications must be submitted on the new Z83 form. The application form is obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. The new Z83 must be fully completed (please refer on the left side of Z83 special notes for clarity), it must be initialled and signed. On the Z83 the Department where position was advertised it should state Department of Health (Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital). According to Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) Circular 19 of 2022, applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on application, but must submit the a fully completed Z83 and a detailed Curriculum Vitae. The Curriculum Vitae should be recently updated that specifies the following: All experience should be in a chronological order indicating the position, institution and respective dates indicating the starting and ending period (DD/MM/YYYY). The information on the new Z83 must be the same with the Curriculum Vitae. Only shortlisted candidates will be required/requested to submit certified copies of qualifications and other relevant documents. Personnel Suitability Checks (PSC) –Verification (Reference checks- Provide at least 3 off which one must be immediate supervisor, the Department shall reserve the right to conduct verification beyond names provided, where necessary. Failure to submit all the relevant information will result in disqualifying the candidate. Identity verification, qualifications verification, criminal record checks, credit/financial stability checks and employment verification. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Candidates in possession of a foreign qualification must furnish the Department with an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The recommended candidate may be subjected to medical surveillance as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Act 5/1993. CHBAH reserves the right to utilize practical exercises/tests for non-SMS positions during the recruitment process to determine the suitability of candidates for the post(s). The Department reserve the right not to fill the post. The Gauteng Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity; therefore, all the appointments will be made in accordance with the Employment Equity target of the Department and the Hospital. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : CHRIS HANI BARAGWANATH ACADEMIC HOSPITAL
Closing Date : 01-07-2022