1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
Xylem Water Solutions SA seeks to appoint a Receptionist/Office Administrator to be established in Rustenburg, South Africa.
To utilize interpersonal and administration skills and knowledge in order to control the day to day administration and procurement process. This role is not limited to receptionist duties, but include more support for procurement, finance and human resources. The incumbent should bear in mind that he/she will be the channel/link between the branch and head office.
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls
- Deal with queries from the public and customers
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness
- Provide general administrative and clerical support
- Prepare correspondence and documents
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries
- Schedule appointments, maintain appointment diary either manually or electronically
- Organize conference and meeting room bookings
- Monitor and maintain office equipment
- Maintain the tidiness of the reception area
- Assist in general administration duties.
- Supervise the service company
- Arrange for customer visits
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Matric/Grade 12
- Minimum 3-5 years receptionist experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years office administration experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management.
- Proficient in English an advantage
- Team Player
- Good people skills.
- Self-driven, meticulous and motivated.
- Attention to detail
- Accurate data capturing
- Good communication skills
Should you be interested in the position and meet the minimum requirements please apply on our careers site.
Preference will be given to candidates from designated groups as per the company’s Employment Equity Plan.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful