Secretary (Helen Joseph Hospital) | Govt Of Gauteng – R 257 508/yr
- Reference Number : REFS/012142
- Directorate : Administration
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 257, 508.00 per annum plus benefits
- Enquiries : Dr A Younus 011 489 0636
- QUALIFICATIONS: Tertiary qualification in Office Administration or equivalent qualification. EXPERIENCE: Tertiary qualification: Between 0- and 2-years’ experience. Grade 10 and Grade 12 or equivalent: More than 10 years’ experience. Microsoft Office (MS Word; MS Excel; MS Point; Outlook). Ability to work under pressure and independently. Ability to handle stressful environment. The following attributes are essential: office organization skills and general filing skills.
- Effective administration, management and coordination of the department: Perform front line functions by determining the business of persons wishing to have an audience with the HOU (in person or telephonically). Assess and prioritize appointments. Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate, taking detailed messages. Maintaining and organizing diary to arrange and prioritize meetings, confirming appointments. Record and sensitize the HOU regarding engagements. Reply to queries on behalf of the HOU. Assist HOU by sourcing relevant information (internet, newspaper and magazine) regarding and interpreting. Downloads or duplicates and passes the information on to the manager for information. Effective and efficient hospital administration, office management and public relations and patient coordination: Prioritize the important and urgent matters as follows: – High urgency and importance – Less urgent – high importance – Less importance – urgent – Less importance – not urgent Devising and maintaining office systems to deal efficiently with paper flow. Preform secretarial and other administration and logistical support to HOU: Provide secretarial functions to meetings of the HOU. Making arrangements, distributions of the notice of meetings and the agenda and takes, prepares and disseminates minutes. Management, co-ordination and support with regards to specifically assigned meetings. Assist in drafting and compiling reports, letters and correspondence and consolidate reports, statistics and other official documents. Draft documents as required. Assist the HOU to enable him to efficiently execute his duties. Hand over delegated tasks to the HOU subordinates. Manage leave of the HOU and other consultants and doctors’ subordinates. Handle the procurements of standard items like stationery, refreshments etc. Remain abreast with procedures and processes that apply in the office of the HOU. Prepare orthopaedic statistics: Compile orthopaedic statistics and provide HOU and department with information needed. Orthopaedic exams: Arrange exams every 2nd week. Arrange examiners, internal or external. Prepare and compile medical reports and clients used for GEMP 3 orthopaedic student’s exams. Orthopaedic Arthroplasty week: Arrange patients and keep a record of waiting patients for Arthroplasty and keep a stat of all these patients. Ward Morbidity and Mortality: Keep a record of all the M & M meetings in the ward and send information to clinical manager when required.
- Helen Joseph Tertiary Hospital is committed to the pursuit of diversity, redress and will promote representation in terms of race, disability and gender. Preference shall be given to applications from Helen Joseph Hospital internal staff as well as people within Helen Joseph Hospital catchment area. Applications must be submitted on a new Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. The completed and signed form should be accompanied by a recently updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s, Identity document (no copies of certified copies allowed, certification should not be more than six months old). N.B. Failure to attach relevant certified documents will result in your application disqualified. Successful candidates will be subjected to OHS medical surveillance as required by HBA regulations within the OHS Act 85 of 1993 and security clearance check with South African Police Services or other relevant state agencies, reference check and verification of qualifications will be conducted. Applications must be hand delivered to Human Resource Management department, Helen Joseph Hospital, No. 1 Perth Road Auckland Park, Basement, Johannesburg or can be posted to Helen Joseph Hospital Private Bag X 47, Auckland Park, 2006; Attention: Human resources department. There is also a dedicated Applications Box at the Hospital Entrance – ask Security Officers on duty for assistance.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Helen Joseph Hospital
Closing Date : 15-10-2021
|Do you have Tertiary qualification in Office Administration or equivalent qualification?|
|Do you have Grade 10 with more than 10 years’ experience?|
|Do you have Grade 12 with 0- and 2-years’ experience?|