SENIOR ADMIN OFFICER | Govt Of Gauteng
- Reference Number: refs/011907
- Directorate: Strategic Admin Support
- Number of Posts: 1
- Package: R316 791.00 per annum plus benefits
- Enquiries: Ms Thilivhali Mashau 011 240 3096
- Grade 12 plus National Diploma (NQF Level 6)/ Bachelor’s degree (NQF level 7) in Environmental Sciences/Management. 2-3 years’ appropriate/recognisable experience in an administrative environment. Valid code 8 driver’s license. COMPETENCIES: Computer literacy, good verbal and written communication skills, good organizing skills, customer management skills, problem-solving skills, analytical skills, negotiation skills, decision-making skills and document management skills.
- Receive, peruse and screen Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) application forms and reports to ensure compliance with the National Environmental Management Act (NEMA) Regulations’ minimum submission requirements. Process hard copy and online EIA related application submissions. Process generic NEMA queries as well as NEMA-listed or not listed activity queries from EAPs and local municipalities in compliance with the legislation’s guidelines and policies. Assist in management and updating of EIA register. Providing information on EIA administrative policies and procedures. Ensure proper filling of signed Environmental Authorization, comments, letters and appeal responses. Use a checklist to ensure that all requirements are met. Write an acknowledgement letter to inform the EAP on the next step. Forward the letter to the Assistant Director for quality control. Provide information on the administrative Regulations and procedures for submitting EIA applications. Assist with the help desk. Receive applications, date stamp them, field calls and walk-ins. Ensure maintenance of EIA register. Render administrative support to SUE branch Line-functions. compilation of various reports and statistics. Type and deliver memos on behalf of management. Answer queries e.g., from the public (EAPs, applicants,), legislature, MEC, etc.
- To apply for this position, please apply online at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za/or Hand Deliver at: Ground floor 56 Eloff Street, Umnotho House and Applications must be submitted on a New Z83 form obtainable from any public service department or from the website which must be completed in full. Candidates must attach their recently updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s and ID document/s (no copies of certified copies allowed, certification should not be more than six months old). Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. N.B: For assistance with online applications, visit the following centres: 78 Fox Street, Marshalltown or Maponya Mall at Thuso House next to Home Affairs. It is the Department intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan (Coloured’s and Indians are encouraged apply). To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race, gender and disability status is required. It is the applicant’s responsibility to attach certificate of evaluation of foreign qualifications by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The Department reserves the right not to appoint. If you do not receive any response from us within 3 months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Employer : Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
Location : Johannesburg
Closing Date : 15-10-2021
|Do you have Grade 12 plus National Diploma (NQF Level 6)/ Bachelor’s degree (NQF level 7) in Environmental Sciences/Management.|
|Do you have 2-3 years’ appropriate/recognisable experience in an administrative environment?|
|Do you have a valid Code 8 driver’s license?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.