Full Job Description
- Background in data-driven marketing.
- Experience working with large cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Track record of developing and executing high-performing data-driven marketing programs on time and within budget.
- Track record of combining data analysis and insights to deliver results.
Come build the future of entertainment with us. Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies – all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows including Amazon Originals and exclusive licensed content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business – available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
We’re looking for a highly motivated, innovative and performance-oriented Senior Marketing Manager to help us bring the future of Movies and TV to Africa.
In this role you will work closely with our central marketing teams to propose and gain buy-in from global leaders to develop scalable, ongoing marketing programs to acquire, engage and retain Prime Video customers in Africa. The ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for Movies & TV, deep knowledge of the South African and Nigerian marketplaces, a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment and experience building highly data-driven programs that deliver measurable customer and business impact across a range of performance marketing channels. You will be adept at persuading and influencing global partners to drive alignment on marketing plans and support for ongoing execution.
Success in this role requires the ability to recommend and deliver holistic customer-centric programs based on local marketplace expertise, a passion for data-driven marketing and excellent planning and prioritization skills.
Key job responsibilities
- Collaborate with central marketing teams to develop and execute a set of scalable always-on marketing programs focused on delivering customer acquisition, retention and reactivation.
- Work with central marketing teams to implement and maintain global best practices.
- Propose and execute an experiment roadmap delivering continuous improvement across each marketing program.
- Work with product teams to close tooling and capability gaps and increase program efficiency.
- Provide regular updates to local Amazon teams, building broad support including appropriate ongoing exposure for the Prime Video brand and key content launches.
- Contribute to business and insights documents, own and deliver strategic and operational plans in close partnership with finance teams and provide regular updates to internal and external audiences.
- Confident communicator (verbal and written).
- Track record of succeeding in fast-paced environments.
- Experience working in TV & Film, entertainment and new platforms.
- Experience working in Africa in a nascent business.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.