Full Job Description
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $79 billion in net revenue in 2021, driven by a complementary beverage and convenient foods portfolio that includes Lay’s, Doritos, Cheetos, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Mountain Dew, Quaker, and SodaStream. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including many iconic brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Beverages and Convenient Foods by Winning with PepsiCo Positive (pep+). pep+ is our strategic end-to-end transformation that puts sustainability and human capital at the center of how we will create value and growth by operating within planetary boundaries and inspiring positive change for planet and people. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
Position Location: Cape Town, South Africa
The Sub Sahara & Africa (SSA) Ingredients & Essential Foods MSO Lead main responsibilities will be to Lead SSA Cluster Ingredients portfolio across PepsiCo Beverage & Food Operating Companies, managing within the MSO / COE organization total spend, through (1) Define and execute the different category strategies: Risk Management, Supplier Relationship Management, Innovation and Productivity, (2) measuring and Improving Performance, (3) and Achieving Annual Plans and Delivering Productivity
In addition, this role will act as the Essential Food BU MSO as the Single Point of Contact to the BU Leadership team to closely partner with BU stakeholders to download business short- and long-term needs, provide input to CoEs on market requirements, support negotiations of important contracts as well as developments with key supplier, align BU stakeholders on category decisions, implement Sector & Cluster Procurement aligned mission and strategy, deliver BU procurement annual and long-term strategic targets, lead P&L Savings & Productivity initiatives, ensure supply security and ensure full compliance to GP Policies & Procedures.
- Support (in close collaboration with the SSA CLUSTER MSO) implementation of the SSA CLUSTER-wide Procurement vision, mission and strategy.
- Manage Ingredients categories on a regional level leveraging PepsiCo’s OpCo’s footprint in SSA CLUSTER.
- Work closely with SSA CLUSTER MSO and GP COE to:
- Plan and monitor Ingredients categories’ annual and long-term strategic sourcing targets
- Plan and monitor sourcing Productivity / Savings for Ingredients categories (for the current year and over IBP).
- Lead improvement initiatives from procurement side for categories in scope
- Evaluate & evolve sourcing strategies based on changing market conditions and provide inputs during strategic sourcing activities, including internal and external analysis and negotiations.
- Ensure implementation of sourcing strategies / plans, compliance monitored, and benefits tracked (in close collaboration with the Transactional Procurement Team) in line with the procurement policies, DoA and Procurement practices
- Ensure full compliance to Commodity Playbooks.
- Closely liaise with SSA CLUSTER’s main business stakeholders.
- Sell Procurement to business stakeholders; represent SSA CLUSTER’s GP function internally (peer level) and externally (suppliers)
- Ensure implementation of best-in-class sourcing methods and tools.
- Govern the development of contracts and agreements; support negotiations of important contracts as well as developments with key suppliers
- Execute SSA CLUSTER’s procurement strategy through governing the development of Ingredients category sourcing strategies for productivity and value enhancement that result in tangible benefits to the bottom line.
- Functionally Lead (& depending on location day to day) the GP Ingredients sourcing team: People Planning, Objective Setting, Career progression, …
- Lead the GP Ingredients team in tracking, monitoring and reporting of supplier markets for categories during the duration of contracts (including benchmarking against industry / market standards)
- Own Local / Regional Ingredients Supplier Relationship Management.
- Plan, develop and mentor GP Ingredients sourcing team
- Develop and share Region Ingredients Team Performance scorecards, action plans, etc.
##LI – EXEC
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Experience of running a procurement organisation
- Experience in procurement in a decentralized company
- Experience in building a regional procurement organization
- Experience in strategically sourcing categories in scope
- Be a recognised leader of change
- International/ multinational procurement experience; Procurement experience in SSA
- Significant experience of direct line management
- Skilled in managing across a dispersed team of business stakeholders; strong selling skills
- Advanced degrees (Masters) preferred
- Procurement professional (CIPS or equivalent)
- Multilingual a plus
Differentiating Competencies Required:
- Able to partner with senior stakeholders (Cluster & BU GM, CFO, SC VP, CHRO, R&D & Commercial teams)
- Able to communicate business strategies to suppliers as well as internal stakeholders
- Effective people leader including ability to lead cross functional teams
- Track record of being able to drive cross-functional support and resources for projects to deliver results on time.
- Able to articulate and escalate hurdles quickly and keep driving the projects forward.
- Strong collaboration/matrix management
- Understands and manages key business drivers
- High integrity: won’t compromise values to get results
Apply now and our recruitment team will be in contact!
Our Commitment is to deliver Sustained Growth through Empowered People acting with Responsibility and Trust.
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Standard Relocation
Job Type: Pipeline