VICE PRINCIPAL- ACADEMIC AND RESEARCH
- Reference Number : refs/014341
- Directorate : Gauteng College of Nursing
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R963,723. 00 per annum (All-inclusive remuneration package of which a portion could be structured according to the individual’s needs)
- Enquiries : Ms V.J Mauwane 0829248676
- Matric/ grade 12 certificate, Basic R425 qualification (i.e. diploma/degree in nursing) or equivalent qualification that allows registration with the SANC as a Professional Nurse. A management qualification and post basic qualification in Nursing Education. Master’s Degree in Nursing. (NQF L9). A minimum of 11 years appropriate/recognisable nursing experience after registration as Professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing ? At least 7 years of the period referred to above must be appropriate/ recognisable experience in Nursing Education after obtaining the 1-year post-basic qualification in Nursing Education. Management experience of 3 years in a Nursing College or higher nursing education institution. A valid driver’s licence. Computer certificate / literacy Knowledge and SKILLS: Transformational leadership skills with the ability to engage in transformation and respond to the political imperatives of government as it relates to Nursing Education and training. Must be able to contribute to the paradigm shift in Nursing Education for health service delivery and universal access. Analytical assessment and evaluation skills. Computer literacy and report writing skills COMPETENCIES: Strategic capability and leadership. Programme and project management skills. Financial and Human Resource management skills including planning, forecasting and budgeting and monitoring of expenditure Change management. Good Communication skills – verbal and written including presentation skills. Skilled in research, policy development and quality assurance. ATTRIBUTES: Good interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure. Relate well to a diversity of personnel and range of stakeholders. Commitment to Nursing Education, training and practice
- To plan, develop and monitor the implementation of a range of Nursing Education and training programmes (undergraduate and postgraduate). Lead academic oversight committees. Monitor and evaluate financial management, human resource management and development, supply chain management, asset management, transport and facility management. Develop monitoring reports to ensure oversight committees are updated on developments in the institution. Contribute to strategic and operational planning of the institution and monitor operational planning at the learning centres/campuses. Monitor and evaluate quality management of programme implementation including assessment at the institution. Collate regular institutional performance reports and coordinate governance structure meeting. Develop and monitor the implementation of policies, programmes, acts and regulations with regard to Nursing Care, advice on and facilitate the implementation of the Nursing Act and other relevant legislation. Manage the promotion of health institutional governance and leadership and comply with the National Core Standards in terms of leadership and governance. Provide full-time technical and management support to the campuses. Establish, maintain and ensure a good working relationship within the Department and relevant stakeholders. Formulate and manage the component’s budget against its strategic objectives. Manage and utilize human resources in accordance with relevant directives and legislation. Evaluate and monitor performance of staff.
- ALL forms must be submitted online, using a new fully completed Z83 obtainable from www.dpsa.gov.za, Please make sure that the right reference number is quoted on your application form State all your competencies, training and knowledge in your C.V. Certification stamp must not be over six (6) months on the day of submitting the application. Valid Driver’s license and smart card must be copied both sides. Employment history must reflect the complete calendar date (e.g. 01 April 2017) on the C.V. Applications are not required to submit copies of qualification and other relevant documents on application but must submit the Z83 and detailed Curriculum Vitae. To alleviate administrative burden on HR Sections as well as considering the cost for applicants. Other relevant documents from shortlisted candidates only will be required by HR on or before the day of the interview. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). The successful candidate will be subjected to Pre-employment medical surveillance conducted by the Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner (OHNP). Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date will not be considered. The Provincial Government of Gauteng is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity in employment, especially of race, gender and disability. It is legislative requirement that all newly appointed staff members are subjected to Personnel Suitability checks (PSC)- Verification, upon appointment within the Department. This verification process entails reference checks that should be an immediate current supervisor, identify verification, qualifications verification, criminal record checks). Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not been contacted within 3 months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. No hand delivery faxed or emailed applications will be accepted. The Department reserves the right not to make an appointment to the advertised post(s). NB: For assistance with online applications please email your query to email@example.com.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Gauteng College of Nursing (GCON), Johannesburg
Closing Date : 08-07-2022